Hello, I am a C++/Qt software engineer with a PHD in Biomedical engineering.
I am passionate about the design and development of interactive domain-specific applications, mainly targeting Engineering and Scientific Tools (including Machine learning, Data-visualization and analysis), Medical applications, and many others.
I am interested not only in the software-development aspects itself (architecture, languages, design, …), but also in the domains the software is used for. I believe that understanding the domain we develop a software for is what can make it a great product to the final user. I love developing tools that makes complicated concepts/techs more accessible and repetitive tasks less tedious.
I mainly work in C++ (11/14/17) with Qt as a front-end for desktop applications but do use (and appreciate) Python and R when needed, especially as scripting languages. I am also very interested in Web dev technologies (node.js, react.js, CSS, …) and the challenging task of unifying UI XXXX between desktop and web platforms.
I am also very interested in Data visualization and analysis, Machine-Learning (even if the term ML is very vast and may include data-analysis). C++ and Qt framework but do appreciate Python, Node.js, Lua, and many other computers science techs.
during my PHD and later during post-doctorate, I faced many challenges such as analyzing, visualization and processing large biological signals. We had to, not only correctly treat the data for research purposes (usage of MATLAB), but also make the techniques developed available to XXXX users (usage of C, Graphical user interfaces).
==> my love for bringing data-science to the final user (whether it is an engineer, a professional or a XXXX)
In addition, I do spend every day as much time as possible trying to keep myself informed and up-to-date relative to many areas related to software engineering and scientific application-development.
I have always been interested not only in the software-development aspects itself (architecture, languages, design, …), but also in the domains the software is used for and I spend I spend as much time as possible trying to keep myself informed and up-to-date relative to many areas related software engineering and scientific application-development.
I worked as a software engineer for more than 15 years in companies working in various areas such as Numerical Simulation, Biomedical Engineering, Automotive Industry, CAD, … I had to work on many challenging projects : (see below)
I also worked (and still actively working) on personal projects that I started for special needs, educational purposes.or simply by curiosity to understand some XXXXX and/or implement some features I found innovative and interesting to be taken further so that it can be (easily and intuitively) usable. This lead me to develop and/or adapt libraries and apis in signal processing, image processing, data analysis and visualization, reporting, etc.
???? ---> Comment integre ce qui suit dans les phrases précédentes ? during my PHD (where coding and software had a big place) ????
Among the projects I developed and/or I actively worked on:
- Interactive multi-dimensional data-mining and visualization tools
- Correlation matrices and heatmaps,
- Parallel coordinates
- 2D/3D data applications
- Rich visualization (real-time data, time-series, scatter points, 3D surfaces, histograms, …)
- Mathematics functions
- Interpolation and Fitting
- Signal-processing (spectral analysis, filtering, etc.)
- Manipulation (Drag’n’Drop, Move, Data-Search and Extract, …)
- I/O functions
- 3D-Models application
- Surface and Volumetric mesh rendering
- Interactive mesh morphing under constraints (XXX example: Seat-Deformer XXX)
- Pre-processing tools
- Smart Editors
- Interactive modules allowing the XXX of complex data
- Post-processsing tools for Numerical-simulation
- Visualization of Multi-Physics numerical simulation computations (??????)
- Reporting tools
- Interactive software for orthodontics
- interactive orthodotical and chirirgical treatment simulation
- Mulidimentional ??? (UNIVERSAL) ??? Data interpolation tool (Kriging, RBF) that works on
- n-dimentional data
- 3D models,
- time-serise data
- Biomechanical tool for:
- Scaling and
- Positioning of realistic 3D Human model (XXX —> chercher sur Internet HUMOS pour avoir une description que l’on peut ecrire XXX)
- Interactive Pre- and Post-processing Application for vibroacoustic destinated for satellite launchers (EADS)
– Signal processing,
– Charting tools